Table of contents:
- The main thing is to be able to cook
- Brussels-style cabbage
- Baked cabbage with egg
- Brussels sprouts with breadcrumbs
Video: Cabbage "Brussels Style"
Read the previous part. ← Features of growing Brussels sprouts
The main thing is to be able to cook
Brussels sprouts, according to the Belgians, you need to know how to cook. Considering that they have much more experience in this matter than ours, it is worth listening to their reasonable advice.
1. For cooking, you should take only bright green strong cocks - without yellowness and with dense leaves (old cocks with flabby leaves have an unpleasant sulfur smell and after cooking they will become soft and bitter).
2. Before cooking it is necessary to rinse them and to ensure even boiling (if they are large enough) make small cross-shaped cuts at the base of each cocoa.
3. Immerse in boiling salted water (3 parts of water for 1 part of cabbage), bring to a boil (over sufficient heat and without a lid so that sulfur gases can escape during cooking), boil for 5 minutes and immediately discard in a colander.
Plant nurseries Stores of goods for summer cottages Landscape design studios
Fry a little Brussels sprouts (500 g), boiled until half cooked, in vegetable oil. Then add 1 cup of meat or chicken broth and simmer until tender. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top and remove from heat. Mix 1 egg with cream (3-4 tablespoons), pour the cabbage with this mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Baked cabbage with egg
Put the Brussels sprouts (500 g), boiled until half cooked, into a hot pan with melted butter (it is better to take a mixture of vegetable and butter). Fry lightly, pour over beaten egg mixed with milk (3 eggs in 0.5 cups of milk, salt to taste). Bake in the oven or on the stove in the usual way. Sprinkle with dill or parsley.
Brussels sprouts with breadcrumbs
Heat butter (2 tablespoons) in a frying pan, dip the cabbage (500 g) boiled until tender and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the cabbage to a bowl. Heat a new batch of butter (2 tablespoons) and fry the bread crumbs (4 tablespoons) in it until crisp. Put the cabbage back in the pan with breadcrumbs, sprinkle with grated cheese (80 g) and stir.