Table of contents:

Creating A Compost Bed
Creating A Compost Bed

Video: Creating A Compost Bed

Video: Creating A Compost Bed
Video: Build a 3 Bay Compost Bin STEP by STEP 2023, March

Everything with food is ok on my compost bed


The most important factor in the proper development of plants is their balanced nutrition.

But the majority of summer residents, with whom I often communicate, ideas about plant nutrition are often close to the ideas of Aristotle, which reigned in European civilization for two thousand years. He taught that plants are like animals, placed with their heads in the ground and finding ready-made food in it with their roots.

When meeting gardeners and gardeners, I often ask the same question: "Where do your vegetables grow best?" The answer is almost the same: "On the compost heap." To the question: "Why is this happening?", Most do not know the correct answer; at best, gardeners say that there is a lot of heat and nutrients.

Gardener's guide

Plant nurseries Stores of goods for summer cottages Landscape design studios

The third question is: "Why does it grow worse even on the best garden bed, consisting of practically one compost, than on an unripe compost heap?" and does, as a rule, baffle everyone. It would seem a paradox, but it can be easily resolved if you know how and what plants eat. Most gardeners believe that plants, in addition to water, need nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and other minerals. But today it is known for certain that nitrogen in the diet of plants is only 15%, the rest of the macro- and microelements account for 7%. Also, plants need oxygen (20%) and hydrogen (8%), and the main element in the diet is carbon (50%).

A plant's carbon is derived from carbon dioxide. Back in school, we studied that a unique phenomenon of photosynthesis occurs in a green leaf of plants when exposed to sunlight: the formation of organic matter from water molecules and carbon dioxide with the release of oxygen. And what does the compost heap have to do with it?

The fact is that only 0.03% of carbon dioxide in the air is about 30% of what is needed, the remaining 70% of the plant is obtained as a result of the vital activity of living microorganisms (bacteria, microfungi, etc.) that decompose organic matter with the release of not only mineral elements but also a lot of carbon dioxide. Now it becomes clear that on the compost heap, where intensive decomposition of organic matter occurs under the influence of a large number of developing microorganisms, better conditions are created for carbon (basic) nutrition of plants.

Thus, our practical observations have led us to the truth already proven by scientists that living microorganisms, decomposing organic matter (grass, foliage, etc.) in the process of their vital activity, play an important role in creating fertility and favorable conditions for plant growth.

The first microbiological preparation Nitragin was created back in 1896 and contained only one nitrogen-fixing bacterium (nodule). This bacterium converts nitrogen gas, which is "inedible" for plants, into a nitrate form that is easily absorbed by plants. In the late 80s of the twentieth century, the Japanese scientist Higa Terou first created a stable community of agronomically beneficial microorganisms (microbiological preparation Kyussey).

Agronomically beneficial microorganisms not only accelerate the decomposition of organic matter many times over, but also suppress the pathogenic microflora (phytopathogens, putrefactive, etc.). The results of using the drug surpassed all expectations: yields with significantly less labor costs increased 3-4 times. Further development has led to the creation of technology for effective microorganisms (EM technology). EM technology is one of the main methods of organic farming today.

So, dear gardeners, if everything grows "by leaps and bounds" on the compost heap, then make the right conclusion and turn all your beds into compost beds! Apply organic matter in large quantities not to the compost bin, but directly to the beds. Revitalize the activity of microorganisms and worms, for which in any case do not use chemicals and do not dig, but only loosen the earth, use EM technologies, and then your environmentally friendly crops will grow without nitrates and toxins, while reducing costs and constantly increasing fertility soil!

Popular by topic