Video: Culinary Recipes With Ordinary Hops
2023 Author: Sebastian Paterson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 20:34
Read the previous part. ← Common hops: use in medicine and cosmetics
In food they use "cones" (for fermenting the wort and making sourdoughs in baking), young shoots and leaves (in salads and soups). Young underground shoots are used instead of asparagus and beans.
• Hop salad. Hop leaves - 100 g, green onions - 25 g, sour cream - 25 g, a bunch of greens. Young leaves are washed with water, blanched for 2-3 minutes, chopped finely, chopped green onions are added, salt to taste, seasoned with sour cream or mayonnaise, served with dill and parsley.
Plant nurseries Stores of goods for summer cottages Landscape design studios
• Milk soup with hops. Hop shoots - 150 g, milk - 500 ml, flour - 15 g, butter - st. l., salt. Young underground hop shoots are washed with cold water, cut into pieces, boiled in milk. The soup is seasoned with browned flour, butter and salt to taste.
• Roasted hop shoots. Hop shoots - 400 g, bread crumbs - 40 g, vegetable oil or ghee - 50 g, 1 onion, sour cream - 25 g. Young underground hop shoots are boiled over low heat until cooked (about 30 minutes) and the water is drained. The shoots are breaded in breadcrumbs, salted, fried in oil, browned onions are added, fried together for another 5 minutes. Served with sour cream.
• Hop porridge. Young shoots of hops - 150 g, milk - 200 ml, salt, butter, sugar to taste. Young shoots of hops are washed, chopped, boiled in 100 g of water over low heat for 30 minutes, salt and sugar are added, milk is poured in and boiled for another 10 minutes. Serve with butter.
• Mushroom sauce with hops. Mushrooms - 500 g, onions - 100 g, butter - 30 g, tomato sauce - 25 g, salt to taste. Fresh mushrooms are thoroughly washed, chopped and fried with sautéed onions. Then add tomato sauce, boil for 15 minutes and pour in a decoction of hop cones (15 g of cones in 100 ml of water), season with butter. Served with meat and fish dishes.
• Sbiten. Honey - 1 kg, boiling water - 4 l, hop cones - 20 g, a pinch of cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, mint, lemon balm. Hop cones are boiled in 0.5 liters of boiling water over low heat for 2 hours, removing the foam. Honey is diluted in boiling water, strained hop broth is poured in, spices are added, boiled, allowed to brew until cooled. The drink is filtered and consumed cold.
It is impossible for a modern person, who increasingly accepts refined food, to ignore the medicinal and dietary qualities of celery. Since the 15th century, it has been widely used in cooking in Europe, both fresh and processed. In our country, it is still little grown and consumed, although there are quite a few varieties, seeds are available. The reason, in my opinion, is ignorance of the useful properties of this plant, agricultural technology, processing methods, culinary recipes
Curly mallow and healer, and cook, and decoratorThe mallow is probably familiar to many. Along the roads, near fences, on wastelands, there is a nondescript plant with half-lying stems. This mallow is low. Perhaps someone in childhood feasted on "kalachik" - its unripe fruits
Recipes from Carinthia - and its regional culinary specialties
Recipes from Burgenland - and its regional culinary specialties
Recipes from Lower Austria - and its regional culinary specialties