Table of contents:
Video: Create A Garden Near Your Home
Beauty and convenience
One of the many popular garden styles is the charming, informal garden outside the house. Such an original garden with a wonderful mixture of flowers and vegetables has been popular since the 15th century, especially in England, where plots in villages are small.
Such gardens not only delight with the beauty of flowering or ornamental plants, but also provide the needs of the family of the owners of the site for fresh vegetables for the table, medicinal teas and herbal balms. For example, in the style of modern American country houses and gardens, preference is given to using a mixture of annuals, perennials and biennials, as well as flowers that propagate by self-seeding.
Plant nurseries Stores of goods for summer cottages Landscape design studios
Densely and randomly planted plants provide the originality of the garden, ensure long-term flowering and at the same time do not require much effort from summer residents when caring for them. Dense plantings create shade for the beds, inhibit the growth of weeds. The owner only needs to occasionally remove wilted flowers. Self-seeding flowers will keep your garden intact.
Although the bright jumble of flowers in the garden looks random and fickle at first, these plants create a stunning effect when they bloom. The mixture of annuals, biennials, perennials and forest plants forms the result of a beautiful tapestry, in which color combinations change all summer, caused by the flowering of certain flowers.
Such a garden will help ensure the design of the front of the cottage, it fits into any sunny place in the design. It can help create coziness around the outside of a kitchen door, in front of a patio, or between a house and a garage. Such a garden near the cottage serves to create comfort, peace and beauty.
So, we create a luxurious flower abundance near the house. I offer readers a version of such a garden. Experienced growers can modify this list by adding their favorite plants.
List of colors used:
- Cornflowers (sow in the ground in spring or plant seedlings after the frost is over).
- Digitalis (sow this biennial in the middle of summer or plant seedlings in early autumn. Cover planting with branches or leaves for the winter).
- Lakfiol (yellow violet).
- Siberian irises (plant in the middle of spring).
- Poppies (sow in spring).
- Nasturtium (its bright flowers bloom from mid-summer to autumn).
- Evening primrose (morning glory, mattiola or other plants that bloom at night - sow in spring).
Many of these flowers begin to bloom from mid-summer and delight us until autumn. Leaves of perennials, especially Siberian irises, maintain the structure of the garden all summer. Plants that bloom at night add their vibrant color spots to the variegated carpet of the home garden.
Gardens in colder areas provide good results with clematis and climbing roses. Juicy green salad can be added to the bright flowers of cornflowers and dry ornamental herbs, to blooming nasturtiums.
Kittens for sale Puppies for sale Horses for sale
How to plant such a garden
- In the northern regions, sow poppy seeds in early spring.
- In southern areas, plant night-blooming plants in early spring.
- In the spring, sow nasturtium directly into the soil.
- Plant spike seedlings, Siberian irises and spirea in mid-spring.
- Plant Scented Foxglove, Yellow Violet, off center for seedlings in mid-summer. Then transplant it to your garden in early fall.